Tuesday, September 12

Cod cheeks with Fresh green Peas and a Serrano Crumble


Here is just a really simple dish I made earlier this summer. I'm really struggling to catch up with my posts :D seems like I've made so many dishes and been to so many restaurants this summer that my computer is completely loaded with pics. I've spent a lot of time travelling around Europe this summer or spending time at the summer cottage, that I have completely forgotten to write and work on my photographs. I will try to get everything in order as soon as possible so that I can concentrate on all the wonderful produce coming up this season (autumn).
At the time I made this dish, the peas were at their best. However this dishes can be made all year round using also frozen peas or vegetables in season. I just find this a really pretty and easy way to plate your fish of choice giving a bit of restaurant feel to your daily meals.


I just sautéed the cod cheeks in some clarified butter adding a bit of sea salt. The peas were just quickly boiled in some buttered and salted water. Decorate with edible flowers. I used the flowers from wasabi rocket and some pansies. To add a bit of crunch I used some thinly sliced carrots and radishes. I also made some crispy Serrano crumbs by placing the Serrano ham in the oven and roasting until crispy.






I love the way this plate looks in all it's simplicity.


No comments:

Post a Comment