Thursday, November 30

Vitamin Packed "Autumn" Juice


At the moment we are having renovations at home but I can't wait to get back to having my breakfast in my cosy nest of soft pillows, hides and throws infront of the fireplace. Although it's already almost December the weather resembles more a cold Autumn as we don't have any snow to light up the dark days. That's why I feel it's important to get loads of vitamins and add a bit of colour atleast to my food.



Here is a juice that I like to call Autumn juice just because these ingredients are in season in and resemble the beautiful colour of the autumn foliage but it doesn't stop me from having it as long as I can find these ingredients in the market :)




This Juice contains pumpkin, carrot, orange and seabuckthorne. Did you know that seabuckthornes contain about 12 times the amount of vitamin C as an orange? These tiny berries are a bit of a nuisance when trying to get them off the prickly branch but are so healthy and worth the trouble (if you want to save the trouble just get frozen ones). Seabuckthornes are filled with high amounts of protein fibre, antioxidants vitamins and minerals containing atleast 190 bioactive compounds. I would definitely call this the king of superfoods.





Vitamin filled Autumn Juice

600-650g of pumpkin
250g carrot
4 oranges ( I honestly don't remember the exact amount I used but you can't really go wrong. Just add according to taste)
Handful of seabuckthorne berries

Place everything in the juicer.

Depending on how sweet or sour you want yours you can always add a bit of honey to balance the taste.


As I had quite a lot of pumpkin I used the rest for my breakfast Yoghurt. I roasted the pumpkin in the oven with some cinnamon and cardamom.
I then added the roasted pumpkin to my yoghurt and topped with crushed pecans (or any nuts of your choice) and roasted pumpkin seeds and a bit of honey.




Enjoy your breakfast Pumpkin <3







No comments:

Post a Comment